The 25 Most Socially Influential Advisors
- Joshua M Brown
- May 13th, 2014
It’s very cool to see this new ranking engine Brightscope’s rolled out to statistically gauge the social influence of America’s financial advisors.
There’ve been a bunch of lists for this kind of thing but no one has ever done it mathematically to my knowledge, it makes perfect sense that Brightscope would be the outfit to finally do it. Full disclosure: I currently serve on Brightscope’s Board of Advisors and have been an advocate and supporter for the company’s push toward more industry transparency for years.
More on their new rankings from the Press Release:
May 13, 2014 08:00 ET
BrightScope Announces Social Influence Rank for Financial Advisors
Most Influential Advisors Exemplify How to Use Social Media to Build a Powerful Personal Brand
SAN DIEGO, CA–(Marketwired – May 13, 2014) – BrightScope (www.brightscope.com), a leading provider of independent financial information and investment research, today announced its Social Influence Rank for financial advisors and its inaugural list of the Top 100 Most Social Financial Advisors in the United States. By recognizing the top advisors with significant online influence, BrightScope hopes to encourage all financial professionals to bolster their digital presence. Consumers are increasingly using search engines and ratings services to inform key life decisions like selecting a financial advisor. Advisors with the highest visibility online stand to win an increasing share of all new business.
The only reason to be excited about being on a list is if you’re listed alongside others you respect and look up to. In this case, I’m seriously honored to alongside some good friends and even some of my industry idols. People like Tom Brakke, Michael Kitces, Cullen Roche, Meb Faber and Roger Wohlner make me smarter every day…
BrightScope’s 2013 Top Social Influencers in the United States:
Advisor Pages Profile – Blog – Twitter Handle
1. Josh Brown - The Reformed Broker - @ReformedBroker
2. Barry Ritholtz - The Big Picture - @ritholtz
3. Roger Wohlner - The Chicago Financial Planner - @rwohlner
4. Jason Hull - Hull Financial Planning - @hull_j
5. Michael Kitces - Nerd’s Eye View - @MichaelKitces
6. Russ Thornton - Wealthcare for Women - @RussThornton
7. Charles Sizemore - Sizemore Insights - @CharlesSizemore
8. George Papadopoulos - George Papadopoulos on WSJ - @feeonlyplanner
9. Cullen Roche - Pragmatic Capitalism - @cullenroche
10. Jeff Rose - Good Financial Cents - @jjeffrose
11. Jim Blankenship - Getting Your Financial Ducks In A Row - @BlankenshipFP
12. David Merkel - The Aleph Blog - @AlephBlog
13. David Fabian - Investor Insights Blog - @fabiancapital
14. Ted Jenkin - Your Smart Money Moves - @oXYGenFinancial
15. Meb Faber - Meb Faber Research - @MebFaber
16. Alan Moore - Serenity Financial Consulting Blog - @R_Alan_Moore
17. Kimberly L. Curtis - Wealth Legacy Institute Blog - @KimCurtisLegacy
18. Ric Edelman - Edelman Financial Services Education Center - @ricedelman
19. Tom Brakke - The Research Puzzle - @researchpuzzler
20. Carolyn McClanahan - Carolyn Sue McClanahan on Forbes - @CarolynMcC
21. Tim Maurer - Tim Maurer Blog - @TimMaurer
22. Neal Frankle - Wealth Pilgrim - @NealFrankle
23. Wade Slome - Investing Caffeine - @WadeSlome
24. Sheri Cupo - SageBroadview Blog - @sage_cupo
25. Jude Boudreaux - Upperline Financial Blog - @HJudeBoudreaux
To view the complete list of the Top 100 Social Influencers in the United States, visit the BrightScope Blog athttp://blog.brightscope.com/2014/05/13/top-social-influencers-2013/.
Head over to Brightscope to see the whole list. And make sure to follow the people above, they’re truly excellent sources of news, opinion and perspective.If you’re an advisor and you haven’t yet claimed your profile on Brightscope’s Advisor Pages, now is as good a time as any to take care of that already.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.
The Reformed Broker is a blog about financial markets and the economy. Joshua Brown is a New York City-based investment advisor for high net worth individuals, charitable foundations, retirement plans and corporations... More.