Unemployment by Age (Through October 2012)
- Joshua M Brown
- November 2nd, 2012
My friend at Floating Path is pretty quick with the updated employment situation charts each month. Here's an update of my favorite, unemployment by age, through October 2012 along with stats.
The unemployment rate:
- 16 to 17: Decreased to 25.1% compared to 25.3% a month ago.
- 18 to 19: Decreased to 22.7% compared to 22.8% a month ago.
- 20 to 24: Increased to 13.2% compared to 12.4% a month ago.
- 25 to 34: Increased to 8.3% compared to 8.1% a month ago.
- 35 to 44: Remained unchanged at 6.3%.
- 45 to 54: Remained unchanged at 6.1%.
- 55+: Decreased to 5.8% from 5.9% a month ago.
Click over for the whole run of employment charts updated through this month:
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
The Reformed Broker is a blog about financial markets and the economy. Joshua Brown is a New York City-based investment advisor for high net worth individuals, charitable foundations, retirement plans and corporations... More.