Twitter Advice for Goldman Sachs
- Joshua M Brown
- May 24th, 2012
Goldman Sachs just sent its very first tweet this morning, it was adorable:
Anyway, thought I’d chime in with a few quick tips and suggestions…
1. Be cool. Not everything on your stream has to be PR
2. Tweet research like UBS @UBSAmericas
3. Also join StockTwits and be sure to blast some equity upgrades and downgrades through there – its where all the tickerhounds and traders and investors are, may as well engage.
4. Follow good people, smart people, not just lame, mainstream, boring, “safe” people
5. Wouldn’t kill you to throw some RTs around. You’ll probably be at 50k followers before year-end, that kind of thing goes a long way in social media
6. Have some fun, be quirky. Why not change the avatar to a picture of a squid for a day, why not tweet a link to an old Muppet Show clip. This ain’t LinkedIn, this is the Twitter, relax.
Anyway, I’m sure you’ll do none of these things, but I wish you luck, see you on the stream – J to the B
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
The Reformed Broker is a blog about financial markets and the economy. Joshua Brown is a New York City-based investment advisor for high net worth individuals, charitable foundations, retirement plans and corporations... More.